October 7

One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus

Four completely different people – Addy, Bronwyn, Nate, and Cooper – find themselves in the middle of a murder investigation after witnessing Simon’s, creator of a popular blog that threatened to expose all four’s secrets, sudden death. They have to work together to prove that they are innocent while never truly knowing if the others are. When someone takes over Simon’s old blog, Addy, Bronwyn, Nate, and Cooper have to decide how far they are willing to go to hide their secrets

I definitely enjoyed reading this book! There were incredibly unexpected twists from the very beginning. I particularly liked how McManus wrote the characters like actual high school students – they still have homework, issues with family and friends, and stress over college. Throughout the book, I kept changing my mind on what really happened with Simon’s death (I’d like to add that my first guess was right!), so I was always excited to read and discover some new layer to the story – I never had to force myself to read. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who is looking for something thrilling to read or looking for a book to get them back into reading!

-Anna

Posted October 7, 2022 by fclibrary in category Uncategorized