November 21

The Cousins by Karen M. McManus

“The Cousins” follows recently reunited cousins, Aubrey, Milly, and Jonah Story, on their grandmother’s resort after randomly being invited to visit. They have never even met her before, but give into their curiosity and travel there for the summer. After multiple strange interactions with this new grandmother, the cousins decide to work together to fully understand what happened in their family’s past and discover some surprising things about themselves along the way.

I actually really enjoyed this book! Going into it, I thought it would be the typical “learning to love your family” plot line, but I was constantly surprised with new discoveries along the way. Aubrey, Milly, and Jonah are relatable to the average teenager, which I think was really important throughout the book. I also very much liked the flashbacks to how their parents interacted with each other growing up. I think the book develops at a good pace, and keeps you on your toes. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for an easier but exciting book to get back into reading!

-Anna

Posted November 21, 2022 by fclibrary in category Uncategorized