January 16

The Summer of Broken Rules By K.L. Walther

The book starts out following an 18 year old girl named Meredith to her cousin’s wedding shortly after losing her sister and then later breaking up with her boyfriend.  The wedding is held at their family place in Martha’s Vineyard, her sister’s favorite place and she is processing her loss.  She promises herself and her friends that she is just going to spend the time finding herself before college and having fun before she meets Wit, one of the young groomsmen.  She finds herself spending more and more time with her new friend… and possibly more.  YOU can find out by reading the book and experiencing all the heart-gutting emotions along with each word. 

I absolutely loved this book.  I received this book in my stocking at Christmas and it was just some random Target feel-good romance novel at the time, but after finishing it, I realized it was so much more.  It was witty and made you long for a relationship, something a book has never done before to me, a happily single pringle.  It was like the book The Summer I Turned Pretty and would be the perfect beach read.  The one flaw about this book is its name The Summer of Broken Rules BECAUSE NO RULES WERE BROKEN and it is so much more than a taboo romance story.  But I looked it up and the author apparently has a lot of trouble naming her books (she just renamed another one, so I hope she does the same with this one).  

-Gabi

Posted January 16, 2023 by fclibrary in category Contemporary, Romance