September 23

Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon

Everything Everything was about a girl, Maddy, who had a severe illness that prevented her from going outside. She spent the entirety of her life, 17 years, inside her home surrounded by her white room and white clothes and white furniture. Her mother is a nurse and her main caretaker and is very concerned for her health. When a new boy moves into the house next to them, Maddy becomes intrigued. They communicate through technology and through their matching windows. Everything goes well until her mother finds out they’ve been sneaking around seeing each other.

I loved this book, it was a very intriguing love story and the ending had me crying. There was such a good build up to the ending and at some points I had to stop myself from reading. Yoon captured the emotions of the characters so well, it was a book that consumed me. I think it was very important and interesting that Yoon created such a strong bond between Maddy and her mom, yet she showed the struggles and the obstacles of maturing relationships.

-Tatiana

Posted September 23, 2022 by fclibrary in category Uncategorized